Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Roses-Valentine's Week Challenge

This was possibly my favourite prompt! I knew right away what I wanted to do and couldn't wait to get started on it. It took me awhile to choose my base but I absolutely love how these came out and I think they would be appropriate year round!

Day 3- Roses

I decided that I was going to do something fairly simple but elegant and what says elegant but a French manicure?


I started with a base of three coats of Zoya Jacqueline (cream) and then painted one coat of Orly Goin' to the Chapel over it which gave it a really pretty soft pearlescent look.


I then went in with deborah lippmann Run, run Rudolph (which is technically a Christmas shade I guess) and blobbed on the rose shapes. I love love love this red!


I added in the rose details with a black nail pen and then the leaves are made from piCture pOlish Jealousy. I added Glisten and Glow Top Coat, a bit of bling (rhinestone stickers I got from Michael's) and then called it a day.


I'm in "love"! It turned out exactly how I was hoping, simple and elegant.

Tomorrow's prompt is Hearts and as I write this I haven't completed my look yet. I need some inspiration!!

Happy painting friends!



6 comments:

  1. These are just so delicate and elegant. I love the little shimmers of sparkle mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out exactly as I was hoping. I'm so glad you enjoy them! I love the sparkles as well :)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty! Love the added touch of the glitter. I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! They were reasonably simple to do. Let me know if you try them!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love love LOVE this! A great twist on a classy manicure!

    ReplyDelete