Search This Blog

Saturday 1 February 2014

Adventures in a Light Box

So as I mentioned the other day in one of my posts I built a homemade light box so that I can get my lighting more even for my photos. So far I really like it but it's taking some getting used to.

Today I'm going to show you some of my first trial pics. The nail art is not crazily amazing but I was more trying to just test the box out.

So let's take a look!

without flash

With flash
 I think I need to work on my hand poses to properly catch the light. My thumb in the above photo is kind of in the shadows.




Oh I could eat this colour up! It's so gorgeous. a england Jane Eyre; just amazing. The flowers are done with piCture pOlish Ultra Violence and a silver nail pen. I really like how the light captures these colours.


The above is piCture pOlish Peacock. I was a little disappointed with this polish as it looks a bit bolder in the bottle but it photographs nicely.

So there you have it, my first attempts at my light box. I'm so glad I made it and I'm excited to try it out more. Stay tuned for better pictures (I hope!).

Happy painting friends!

1 comment: