Search This Blog

Saturday 9 November 2013

Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?

I've wanted to do Spongebob Squarepants nails for a very long time. I toyed with the idea of doing it around Halloween but thought it would be better to do some just of the characters without anything extra. I love Spongebob! He's such a happy guy and always thinks the best of people. He gave me a few problems with this design though! I ended up doing him 4 times, blerg!! I'm not 100% happy with the final one I did but it's the best I came up with.


The base of the majority of the nails is Rimmel Mintlicious and the base of Spongebob is Rimmel Sunny Days. Patrick is done with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef and everything else (Plankton, jellyfish, background flowers, Spongebob and Patrick's faces) were done with nail pens.





I got a little impatient putting on the top coat and got a little smear around Spongebob's eyes. Ooops! But I think that the overall effect of the nails is very cool. My favourite nail is probably the thumb with Plankton. I think it really looks like him and love love love how it turned out.


What do you think? Did I capture the essence of the characters? I'm sure I'll do more Spongebob nail art in the future. I have many more ideas!!

Happy painting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment