Search This Blog

Sunday 17 November 2013

Studly

Today is a bit of a mash up of two different designs. I like the idea of putting different designs on nails; not having all the nails the same. I am going to play around with it more in the future but here is one I'm pretty happy with.


I wanted to mix something a bit harder (the studs) with something a bit softer (the nimbus design). I started off painting my index finger and middle finger with Jessica Brown Sugar. I painted the other ones with L'Oreal So Chic! (which is a very pretty neutral with a shimmer).


I then went in with some square studs I got off eBay and placed them with a wax pencil (I also got from eBay) on my index and middle fingers.


I then did the nimbus look (follow the link for a tutorial) using Natural Collections Frosted Plum, Lunar Haze and Black Cherry. I also added a light green by Miss Sporty. I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.


I am going to have to do more of this type of art because I really love the effect it gives. What do you think? Something you'd try?

My little dog just got her haircut so I thought I'd add a pic of her. Isn't she so so cute?


Happy painting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment