Search This Blog

Thursday 7 November 2013

Racing Stripes

I was in Winners the other day and my best friend spotted some Butter London polishes. I have been eyeing this brand up for some time and was really excited to snap some up. They were cheaper than regular retail price but still $13 a piece so I only got two, Torch (a shimmery coral) and Billy No Mates (a pale grey). They are both a bit sheer so I layered them over a coat of Sally Hansen White On.



I used striping tape to get this effect. I should have let the white dry better as it pulled up slightly when I removed the tape.


At first I wasn't convinced by the polish. I think I had built Butter London to be amazing and was maybe thinking that unicorns would jump out of the bottle when I removed the cap, lol. I think the sheerness of the formula got me down a bit and although it was on sale, it was still expensive.



As I wore it more, I really liked it. I still think it's expensive but wouldn't say no if it was gifted to me, lol!! I would also like to try out some of the other colours. I'm sure I'll have more in the future ;)

Happy painting friends!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your bf is pretty awesome. Top, I think she turns out to be the hero of this nail story.

    ReplyDelete