Search This Blog

Friday 8 November 2013

Nimbus

I get a lot of my ideas from other bloggers and always try to give credit where credit is due. This one comes from one of my favourite bloggers The Nailasaurus. She comes up with great ideas all the time and I can only hope to have work that is as clean as hers one day. This is a technique she calls Nimbus and is done using a cotton swab, acetone and polish. There is a great tutorial on her website here.


I started with a base coat of Orly White Out and then used the Nailasaurus' technique to dab on my other colours which were Barry M Greenberry, Color Club Wild Cactus (dark green), and Color Club Sugar Sheer (pink).


I really love this look and I think it's something that is easy to do on both hands. The other great thing about this is that it lends itself to so many different colour palettes. I'll probably try it in warmer shades soon.


I still need to figure out my camera skills because the colours were a lot more saturated in real life.

Hope you've enjoyed :)

Happy painting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment