Search This Blog

Friday 4 October 2013

This One's for Becky

My sister-in-law got married this summer and it was a veritable pink fiesta! She loves pink, glitter and bling and I thought I would do some nails in honour of her. These are a bit more purple than she would choose (because she would go for a hot pink!) but I think they are absolutely beautiful. In fact my dad looked at them and said, "Becky would like those!"


I started off with a base of a purple/pink jelly (just one coat) from LA Colors. I then sponged on small patches of Sally Hansen White On and China Glaze That's Shore Bright. I repeated these steps three times (thin coat of the jelly then sponging) until I had built up a good depth of colours on my nail.


I then went crazy sauce with the rhinestones and did a frame of them on each nail. This step took FOREVER! But the results are amazing, so beautiful.



I don't know that this is a "long lasting" design because the rhinestones have a tendency to pop off but even if I only wore it for one night it would be worth it.

I hope you like it Bec :)

Happy painting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment