Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Crazy Paisley Print

Not the most original title but I couldn't think of anything else! My mom bought a new shirt and she wanted me to replicate the pattern on my nails. I'm not sure that it turned out exactly as she was expecting but she seemed to like it.


I changed up the colour palette from the one on the actual shirt because I wanted to add in some orange to it and make it a bit warmer. Here is what the actual shirt looks like.

I tried to replicate certain parts of it on different nails.



And because I love a good matte finish, I decided to add a matte top coat.



What do you think? Did I capture the essence of the shirt?

The base colour I used was Orly  Coffee Break and then I went mad with some nail pens. The one that looks black is actually a dark mahogany with a shimmer and I'm a little sad that it didn't hold truer to the colour when I was on the nail.

Happy painting friends :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it ... even with the orange ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the pattern well. I love the colours you selected.

    ReplyDelete