Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 September 2013

My very first post! "The Start of My Universe"

Well I said I was going to do it and here it is! My blog...

I've really gotten into nail art over the past few months and have been posting my pics on Facebook. My friends and family said, "Start a blog!" and I guess I fold to peer pressure because here it is.

I decided that I would start off with some galaxy nails as it's kind of like my Big Bang...where it all begins. I do love me a bit of science.





I started with a two coats of OPI by Sephora Dark Room and then sponged on the other colours to form the nebula.
The colours I used (in order) were 1) No. 7 Star Shower 2) Duri What a Keeper 3) Beautifully Disney Ocean Mist 4) Essie Using My Maiden Name 5) Sally Hansen White On
I then dotted on a few "stars" using one of my white nail pens. It sounds like a lot of steps but it honestly doesn't take long. You just need to make sure you don't use too much polish on your sponge.




I must say that I'm pretty pleased with the results. I've only done galaxy nails once before and I was a little underwhelmed but these turned out pretty well!

I hope you enjoyed my first post! Here's to many more.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic ... So glad you started this blog ... Let the nail art begin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I like the space theme. I''ve been a huge fan of your work. Your nails always look incredible!

    ReplyDelete