Search This Blog

Monday 23 September 2013

It Hits the Spot!!

I like to have my nearest and dearest pick out 2-4 colours for me to use in nail art. Gives me new inspiration! So today I had my mom pick out colours for me and she went straight for the red (no great surprise there!!)

The colours she chose were a basic black, a basic silver and No. 7 Salsa which is a fantastic lighter red. I did one nail art with stripes that I was really dissatisfied with, so I took it off and decided on dots.


This look was actually super easy to do. I started with 2 coats of Salsa and after that dried, I went to work on the dots. I used the end of  the handle of one of my brushes dipped in the silver and dotted on the larger of the dots. Then I used the tip of a tapered cotton swab to do the smaller black dots. You could really use any item you've got lying around that would give you the size of dot you were looking for. I've actually just ordered some real dotting tools off of eBay today and when they arrive (in about six weeks!) I'll let you know how they are.

And now for a parade of pics!




Hope you've enjoyed this installment. Let me know if you try out some dotted nail art!!

3 comments:

  1. These are cute. I love the colors. I'm surprised your mom didn't select Seahawk blue, green & white.. there's a theme for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should say that as they sell official Seahawks nail polish in their shop and I'm sure I'll get some for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already thinking...New Orleans Saints black and gold and Denver Broncos orange and blue...Christmas is around the corner, so is the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete