Search This Blog

Thursday 19 September 2013

101 Dalmations

Finally some Disney! I know, you were getting a little scared that I had already had two posts and yet no Disney art had popped up. Rest easy friends for here it is.


I sort of did this one for my sis-in-law on our last cruise but she would only let me do the white background with black spots. I've been itching to jazz it up a bit so I added in the dog collar on my ring finger, what is meant to be the back of Cruella's head with "101" written on it on my ring finger, and the reverse spots on my thumb (and yes Laura, there is an Oxford comma in that last sentence just for you!).

Now on to what polish I used.


Sally Hansen White On, which I love, is my base coat on my pinkie, ring and middle fingers. Sephora by OPI Neutral (not a very original name) is my base coat on my index finger and Kleancolor Golden Nightmare was the base for my thumb. I then went crazy pants with my nail pens doing all the detail work.

Word to the penny wise people of the world. I bought my original nail pens from a home show where I got 10 pens, each with two colours (however white features three times, there was a clear coat and a nude jelly so not all the pens had original colours) and they cost me $60. They are very good and I love them but they are a bit pricey. If you want to get them on the cheap, I bought 24 colours for $17 off ebay. They are a bit cheaper quality but they work just as well and are way more cost-effective.


I really like how these turned out. I especially like the "101"! Hope you enjoyed and please make suggestions if there is anything in particular you want to see in the future.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I love you choice of medium. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete